We clean the house almost every day air freshener (purificadores de aire). However, not a few of us forget a very important part at home, namely maintaining clean air. This is important for our physical and mental health, especially for those who are very sensitive to smells. Factoring air pollution into your cleaning routine can make living at home a lot more enjoyable. Using a HEPA filter in your air conditioner, vacuuming regularly, and opening windows when the weather is nice can all help reduce airborne allergens and bacteria.
- Ornamental plants If you put ornamental plants in the room, you have done many things to keep the air in the house clean. Leaves, roots, and even dirt all serve to remove pollutants from the air. Ornamental plants with large leaves such as the rubber plant, ivory betel, and Boston fern are great at removing pollutants. If you love flowers, peace lilies are great for purifying the air and have beautiful, fragrant flowers.
- Vinegar If you are trying to keep your house clean with natural products, it is important to have vinegar. A small dish of vinegar can neutralize smoke, cooking odors, and musty odors. Fill a glass dish with half a key of white vinegar and set it on the table, but simmering it on the stove for an hour will make it more effective.
- Lemon Lemons add brightness to food, but you may not realize that you can use leftovers to remove odors left by food. There are several ways to do this, including freezing a lemon peel and grinding it, boiling a few slices of lemon in water, or baking it in the oven. Whatever you do, the kitchen will be filled with a fresh lemon scent when you’re done. See the Lavender plant Illustration Photo on
- Lavender Lavender is very beautiful, both in fresh and dry conditions. Several studies have researched the potential use of chemicals in lavender scent as a way to reduce anxiety. This suggests that inhaling the scent of lavender can help you relax and sleep a little better. Put sachets of dried lavender in your drawers and pillows, or leave a vase of fresh lavender on your bedside table.
- Eucalyptus or eucalyptus Hang a bouquet of eucalyptus plants in the bathroom, where the steam from the shower will release its refreshing aroma. You can do the same with rosemary or bay laurel. Keep in mind, fresh stalks should last about three to four weeks before they dry out.