Architectural shingles are made from asphalt and have elevated design features. To mimic a dimensional appearance, they are often available in various shapes, colors, textures, and materials. They are also known as dimensional shingles.
The unique layering of architectural shingles is also a feature. They are usually made up of two or three basic shingles, which are then bonded together. They can achieve the contoured appearance mentioned above.
What Differences Do Architectural Shingles Make From 3-Tab Shingles
Up until the 1980s, traditional 3-tab shingles were all that was available for asphalt roofing materials. In response to changes in consumer preferences, the roofing industry saw technological advances in the 1980s. These changes were reflected by the production of architectural roofing shingles.
Architectural shingles are, therefore different from 3-tab shingles in that they:
- Instead of being flat on your roof, are they layered and laminated together?
- They are composed of more material
- Give your home an individual touch with unique exterior design
- These more costly are generally
What Special Benefits Do Architectural Singles Offer
Even though they are more expensive than traditional 3-tab asphalt roofing, architectural Shingles can provide many benefits for any home. These are the most important benefits:
- Enhanced Curb Appeal – Architectural shingles can add a modern, contoured look to your home’s exterior. You can design them to look like wood shakes or slate tiles without the additional weight of slate.
- A shingles with a longer life span – They have a longer average life span than traditional shingles, which is 12-15 years.
- Higher Wind Rating – Architectural Shingles are often rated to withstand strong winds of between 80 and 120 mph. This is more than the 60 mph wind rating for traditional shingles.
- Longer Warranty – Roofing manufacturers often offer more extensive, longer-lasting warranties to their architectural shingle line. This is to protect your investment.
This post was written by a roofing specialist at All Star Roofing. We offer the best roofers in Tampa Bay FL. We are a family-owned and operated roofing business, striving to be the best in our industry. Our family has been in the Tampa Bay area for over 60 years, and our objective has always been to provide roofing services at a fast, reliable, and competitive rate. All Star has a tradition of quality workmanship, servicing residential and commercial properties. Click here for more information!